Website acceptable use policy
Conditions for all people using or visiting the Prindex site. This Acceptable Use Policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site. Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, every part of this Acceptable Use Policy.
You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material that does not comply with our content standards;
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programmes or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- Any part of our site;
- Any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- Any software used in the provision of our site; or
- Any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this Acceptable Use Policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site;
- Issue of a warning to you;
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- Further legal action against you;
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this Acceptable Use Policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we deem reasonably appropriate.
Changes to the Acceptable Use Policy
We may revise this Acceptable Use Policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you.
Some of the provisions contained in this Acceptable Use Policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.
The opinions expressed in our publications and other website content are the responsibility of the authors. We aim to update our site regularly. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material. Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which any reliance should be placed.
Linking to our site
You may link to pages on our site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not take advantage of our reputation, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy detailed above.
We ask other organisations and media to create links to documents stored on our site, rather than storing our documents on their own systems.
Links from our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
If you have any concerns about material that appears on our site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright and permissions
Prindex publishes content using two Creative Commons Licences, depending on the content.
For data content, Prindex uses Creative Commons Licence CC BY-NC 4.0 – full attribution, no commercial gain. Readers are encouraged to reproduce and adapt material from Prindex data for their own use, as long as they are not being sold commercially.
For written content, Prindex uses Creative Commons Licence CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 - full attribution, no commercial gain, no derivatives. Readers are encouraged to reproduce written materials for their own use, as long as they are not being sold commercially.
Prindex requests due acknowledgement and a copy of the material. For online use, we ask readers to link to the original resource on the Prindex website.
Reproduction and dissemination
Prindex wants to ensure that the research carried out by its experts reaches a wide audience, contributing to debate and research on critical development issues.
We welcome requests for non-commercial dissemination and reproduction of our work, however we do not permit the reproduction of Prindex content for commercial gain, whether direct or indirect.
Much of our content is available for download from our website. We ask other organisations and media to link to these materials rather than hosting documents in full on their own sites.
This helps us to track the use of our research and communications outputs, providing vital information for monitoring and evaluation activities.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material must always be acknowledged and a full credit given as follows:
- Author or Editor, with last name first
- Year of publication (in brackets)
- Full title in italics
- Place of publication
For all other queries about reproducing Prindex publications, please email email@example.com.
Prindex is committed to ensuring that your personal details are protected when you use our websites or subscribe to our mailing lists.
- What information Prindex may collect about you;
- What Prindex does with the information we gather about you;
- When Prindex may use your details to contact you;
- Whether Prindex will disclose your details to anyone else;
- Your choices regarding the personal information you have provided; and
- Prindex’s commitment to keeping your details secure.