Land and property rights in the Middle East and North Africa
How data can drive change
Free online event
8 December 2020, 13.30 – 15.00 Cairo time UTC +2
Translation: English and Arabic
Land and property rights are an essential to building just and equitable societies. Yet Prindex data shows that more than 1 in 4 people living in the Middle East and North Africa fear for these rights – a higher proportion than anywhere else in the world.
Drawing on expert knowledge, regional experience, and the latest data, the event will examine where insecurity is highest, who is most likely to feel insecure, and why. Crucially, it is a chance to discuss what needs to be done to drive change.
Chair: Laura Meggiolaro, Land Portal Foundation
- Shahd Mustafa, Prindex Regional Coordinator for the Middle East and North Africa
- Wael Zakout, Global Lead for Land and Geospatial, World Bank
- Ombretta Tempra, Land Expert, UN Habitat
- Dina Naguib, Independent Researcher
- Ahmed Zaazaa, Co-Founder, Madd Platform