How data can drive change
Online event in partnership with Land Portal Foundation
8 December 2020
- Prindex 2020 finding for the Middle East and North Africa ppt.
- Five infographics on Prindex 2020 findings for the Middle East and North Africa
- World Bank presentation by Anna Corsi
- Arab Land Initiative presentation by Rafic Khouri
- Dina Naguib presentation on inequalities and gender
- 10 Tooba presentation on Egypt by Ahmed Zaazaa
Land and property rights are an essential to building just and equitable societies. Yet Prindex data shows that more than 1 in 4 people living in the Middle East and North Africa fear for these rights – a higher proportion than anywhere else in the world.
Drawing on expert knowledge, regional experience, and the latest data, the event will examine where insecurity is highest, who is most likely to feel insecure, and why. Crucially, it is a chance to discuss what needs to be done to drive change.
Chair: Laura Meggiolaro, Land Portal Foundation
- Shahd Mustafa, Prindex Regional Coordinator for the Middle East and North Africa
- Anna Corsi, Senior Land Administration Specialist, World Bank
- Rafic Khouri, Arab Land Initiative
- Dina Naguib, Independent Researcher
- Ahmed Zaazaa, Co-Founder, 10 Tooba
- Malcolm Childress and Anna Locke, Co-Directors of Prindex
- Wael Zakout, Global Lead for Land and Geospatial, World Bank