Land and property rights in East Asia and the Pacific
How can new data on citizens' perceptions help to improve tenure security?
Thursday 12 November 2020
Improving land and property rights is shown to promote economic growth and sustainable development. Tenure security is therefore important to many development institutions and donors working in East Asia and the Pacific. Following a presentation of our key findings on the region from the Prindex 2020 global survey, we ask how data can influence donor agendas and create momentum for change.
Chair: Malcolm Childress, Prindex Co-Director
- Stephane Gil, Prindex Regional Coordinator for East Asia and Pacific
- Nathaniel Don Marquez, Director of the Asian NGO Coalition for Agrarian Reform and Rural Development (ANGOC)
- Go Nagata, Public Management Specialist, Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- Hubert Jenny Senior Investment Operations Specialist and Hi Ping Yean Cheah, Senior Strategy Officer Urban Aspects, Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)
- Willem Egbert Van Der Muur, Senior Land Administration Specialist, Word Bank
- Dr Ivana Ivánová, Research Fellow - Spatial Sciences, Curtin University